Java Girl has tagged me…!
I haven’t been around much of late; I am sooooo busy with lots of things in my life; I hardly have time to scratch myself.
I also have lots of ‘awards’ I’ve yet to respond to, so here is my opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to all those great people who have given me their friendship and love.
And, if you haven’t already, I suggest you get on over to Java Girl’s blog; it’s full of fun and interesting posts about life from all angles.
RULES OF THE GAME:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
11 Random facts about me:
1. It was my birthday yesterday and my gorgeous partner gave me a ‘Josh Groban’ CD and tickets to go to a concert to see him in April… Wow, I’m so excited…! I adore his music (and him).
2. I am one of the luckiest women in the world; ’cause I have the best partner in the world…
3. We (my partner K and I) are gearing up for this year’s comps (ballroom). This means extra work for us, but boy oh boy we are loving it…!
4. My favourite thing to do is ‘kick back’ and relax (when that scarce moment arrives).
5. Life is becoming more and more busy the older I get. I used to think that as I aged I would become more sedentary. What a shock to the system it is to find the opposite is happening..!
6. I’m glad that I love life; it would be so sad not to.
8. I love to go for early morning walks. I generally take Sweetie with me. This morning we had one of our longer walks, which takes about an hour. The air was cool at 6am when we set off on this fine Autumn day. The evening had seen rain, and there was a slight mist as we set sail. By the time we returned the sun was peeking above the horizon, and Sweetie and I felt fine…!
9. Yesterday saw me reaching for the stars. Tomorrow I will touch them…!
10. If ever there was something wonderful about life, it is right here in my own backyard. I have planted a number of shrubs and a tree recently. I have had such fun watching them grow. They are my new babies…!
11. Life gets better and better. Mind you; I do put in a lot of effort…!
Java Girl’s questions:
1. What is the best blogging advice you ever got? Enjoy yourself…
2. If surrounded by vicious animals in the jungle, what super power would you use to defend yourself? The cloak of invisibility…
3. If you won 100 million dollars, what charity would you donate to? The arts…
4. Who was your mentor growing up and why? I didn’t have one… Awwwww…
5. What other country would you have wanted to be born in? I honestly can’t answer this one… I love Australia, and am so happy to be an Aussie…
6. What news story really impacted you from last year? There is an Australian racehorse named ‘Black Caviar’ who is undefeated in 23 races as of February 2013—a success record not equaled for over 100 years. I am not a race goer, nor do I bet on anything however, this horse’s fantastic feats have brought joy into the lives of many as we listen to the ‘news of the world’.
7. Say you are a super hero of your choice, what favorite villain would you like to go up against? (Me: Godzilla!) The Hulk…!?!
8. Name a random act of kindness you did for someone the past month. I said sorry after I stood on K’s toes whilst dancing… ummmmmm.!
9. Name an invention you wished you invented. Electric cake mixers….!
10. If you were forced to live in any movie, which one would it be and why? Fantasia, ’cause I love the music and the never ending variety…!
11. Tree house or hut to live in? Tree house.
My questions for my nominees:
1. If life was ‘just a bowl of cherries’… which fruit would you rather be..?
2. Who is your favourite singer?
3. Snow or Beach?
4. Did you have a favourite toy when growing up? Did it have a name? Did you take it with you everywhere you went?
5. What are your favourite things to do on weekends?
6. Did you have a hobby when you were a kid?
7. Are you a sporty type, or more the studious type? Maybe you are both…!
8. If you were in a raft in the middle of the ocean, who would you like for company?
9. Do you keep your birthday cards?
10. Is life what you expected as a child?
11. Do you have a pet?
And my nominees are:
All these delightful people have awarded me with nominations of their gifts over the past (almost) 3 months. I want to say a big THANK YOU to each and everyone of you for your kindnesses to me, and to my blog. I am so very grateful to be in receipt of your thoughts and gifts. Thank You all; my little heart sings…! xoxoxo
As for responding to this gift: No need, unless you truly have the energy and the time. The purpose of my gift to you is to bring you as much joy as you have brought to me.